As a big southern city girl, living in a small northern city can get a bit frustrating sometimes.
To deal with it, sometimes I dream of far (and not so far) away lands and the things I’d do there (NYC last week!).
This week I’m planning the five things I would love to do in London during the Christmas season.
Like New York, London during Christmas has been a dream of mine for a long time. While I was living in Scotland never really made it down around that time of the year. And now that I don’t live in the Isles anymore, well, it’s not as easy.
Still dreaming about it tho, so I’m going to share with you these five things I’d like to do in London in Christmas so maybe I can live vicariously through you until I make it there myself? Deal? Yes! Let’s do that!
- Take a walks around the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, home to everything Christmassy. From food to rides, it’s every
kid’sChristmas lover’s dream! Open from 21st Nov. to 4th Jan. (closed on Christmas) from 5 to 10 pm.
- Check out the Christmas lights around the West End of London, after dark always best! Oh and let’s not forget the fabulous Trafalgar Square Christmas tree.
- Ice Skating by the Natural History Museum or by the Somerset House, because the places are absolutely stunning and I don’t believe Christmas can be Christmas without an ice skating session.
- Stroll along the Kensington Gardens and go shopping (window shopping for me) at Harrods.
- As always I left the best for last, why not make sure to visit on the right Saturday so you can take part on the Covent Garden Great Christmas Pudding Race to raise money for Cancer Research?
And as an extra tip, something else that I’ve found which could be a wonderful thing to do, is attend one of the Carols by Candlelight concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. There are sessions on the 13th, 20th, 21st December 2014 at 8pm, 23rd December 2014 at 7:30pm, and 24th December 2014 at 2:30pm – 7pm; and tickets, which can be purchased here, range from about 14 to 52 Pounds.
What would you do in London during the holiday season??